Another article from the University of Queensland, but this one is a bombshell. Let’s hope we see some action!
We take very seriously all complaints and concerns and have initiated steps to gain further clarity on the governance and processes within the UQ Union.
– Professor Mike McManus, you are my hero.
Click here for the UQU Financial Statement of 2011
- More the 7 million dollars spent on ’employee benefits’
- The principal activities of the Union are to:
– represent the students of the University in matters which may concern them:
– maintain communication between the students and other sections of the University community, and
– provide a range of services to the student body.
Posted in Politics, Student Politics
- Tagged democracy 4 uqu, election, elections, financial statement, FRESH, izzy, student, students, Union, University of Queensland, UQ, UQU
As far as they want it to.
Here’s an email I just received from the Returning Officer, stating how distribution of unapproved publicity material will be prohibited, as one can imagine. Will FRESH disallow any Democracy 4 UQU flyers whatsoever? We will see. This is yet another rule that can be bent to suit the incumbents in a corrupt system.
The sneaky changes made to the Regulations were not done twelve months ago. The changes documented earlier in my blog between the old and new Regulations were done through my own copies, the ‘old’ copy I received on the 27th February 2012. If the changes weren’t made by then, then that’s not 12 months, FRESH. Why would you believe FRESH when they lie about these things? Why would FRESH need to lie if they were telling the truth and were honest politicians? Enjoy the following evidence.
‘Old’ Regulations, received 27-02-12:
‘New’ Regulations, received 20-08-12 after original email conveniently lacked attachment of Regulations, a document all candidates were supposed to recieve, I had to ask the Returning Officer specifically for it: